Samsung A72 by ReadySetGo

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,336,436 happy users since 2014.
Register

ReadySetGo

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Reviewed Device: Samsung A72

Description
Dimensions: 77.4 x 165 x 8.4mm
weight: 203 g
SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G (SM7125)
CPU: 2x 2.3 GHz Cortx-A76, 6x 1.8 gHz Cortex-A55 (Kryo 465),
Cores: 8
GPU: Qualcomm Adreno 618, 750 MHz
RAM: 8GB
Storage: 256GB
Android version: 13
One UI version: 5. 1

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
I got this phone on September 2021 and to this day it's still holding up well. I don't experience any lag for everyday uses and the camera quality is still good. It's got 256 gb internal storage and it's still not full. Battery life is better than the previous phone I had (Oppo A83). I did not have any issues when it comes to using apk's outside of Playstore. Water resistance is such a good bonus since I like going to the beach often!

Things I don't like
When it comes to gaming I experience some lag but I don't really use this phone for gaming much. Fingerprint sense could be better as sometimes it doesn't register immediately. Saleslady said the phone was a hybrid, where the slot of the microSD was also the simcard so you needed to choose which one you're going to commit since you can't have both. Very pricey, I got this from SM Mall with the price of around PHP25k (USD447).

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I would definitely recommend it but arguably there are now more options out there for Samsung. It was pricey for me but the features it offered are well worth it 3 years ago and I had bragging rights as that was my very first "legitimate" phone haha

BriFi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Same with my Samsung Galaxy A51. I've never owned a phone this long. It's 5 yrs old, and works like the day I got it. I always do a full app (with obb, data, and media folders on SD) backup with 3C and do a factory data reset every 6-12 months. It's like having a phone blood transfusion lol. Also, lucked out with my Galaxy tablet. I got it "renewed" on Amazon for like $180 (normally $600+) and it showed up completely brand new. I used a disk drill data recovery pc app to see if my suspicion that it was actually new, was true. No data had ever been written or wiped. According to reviews, all the Galaxy tablets after mine started cutting corners ...plastic body, cheap wifi adapter, generic mid-flag processor instead of snapdragon, etc. I usually have the worst luck with finding good deals, so I felt like I hit the Powerball lol. Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720). You can find them for cheap these days, and despite being a few years old, they're still nicer than anything on the market under $900 They feel heavy and expensive in the hand with a thin metal body and gorilla glass 4k screen. The fingerprint side-key is ahhhmazing. Nobody knows about it, with it's obscure, uncool name ("S5e" for a flagship tab???). I installed the Verizon Message+ app from my phone on it, entered my phone# and BAM, it has standalone call and text capabilities without paying for a second line...not connected by Bluetooth or wifi...truly standalone, portable service that draws minutes, texts, and data from the phone plan rather than wireless phone remote. That was a very cool surprise considering the tab doesn't have mobile infrastructure, SIM, etc. Samsung Galaxy productivity apps like Notes (their only truly awesome app), Quick Share, Reminders, Alarms, mobile hotspot, etc... instant connect without password, etc...all sync with the owner, as well as friends and family w/ Samsung accounts, so shopping lists, appointment alarms, art and drawings, large media files with Samsung Cloud link, and mobile data from any source can all be dynamically updated by everyone u authorize in real time. Again, I didn't expect that, at all. I'm starting to like it better than the Microsoft Launcher (Sticky Notes, To-Do, Calendar) sync features, even tho obviously Microsoft has more potential friends & fam to share with than Samsung. The only bummer was when Samsung Notes stopped being available in the Windows Store for any PC other than Samsung, and I have a HP laptop. It's a lot easier to make to-dos and notes on a full keyboard and have it on my phone when I leave the house. (There is a way to sideload it, but I lost the software to do it, and can't find the instructions for it online anymore). Anyway, sorry I'm rambling on, and I type 120 WPM. lol. Telling ppl about obscure good deals makes me blabbery.🙊

Abstract: Every-damn-body needs to go find a Tab S5e for $120 in good (or like new on Amazon if possible) condition. It may not have had a security update since 2022, but it's plenty fast to use an emulator for any future app that demands Android 12+, which hasn't happened to me yet, and I have over 800 non-system apps installed thanks to this place lol. It's easy to change the target Android version in an app w LuckyP, and with a good VPN like Windscribe that has a ton of extra features to tighten security for $2 a month, u don't need security updates. For those of us in the lower tax brackets, it's a hidden gem, for sure. Thank you for attending my Ted Talk.