❓ Help Request Is windows 11 any good

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,521 happy users since 2014.
Register

human999

Lurker Lv0️⃣
I have been using Windows 10 for a long time and I’m quite satisfied with it. I’m not sure if I should upgrade to Windows 11 or stick with what I have. I heard it has a new design, features and performance improvements, but I also heard it has some compatibility issues and bugs that need to be fixed. I’m curious about what Windows 11 changes and how it affects me as a user . Is it worth the upgrade or not? Does anyone have any insights or opinions on the new operating system? Really need an answer, my parents are buying me a new pc next week and it comes with windows 11.

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 7 years
I recently bought two laptops, both were configured with Windoze 11.
I immediately purchased Windows 7, a copy for each device.
I have no interest in being financially ravaged by Microsoft until I die.
Windows 7 works just fine for me, and I'm not financially obligated to Microsoft to the tune of an additional monies and/or fees.

If your device is compatible with Windows 11, and you're running Windows 10, you won't have to pay for Windows 11. All Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 for free.

Or, you can downgrade and things will work well, thank you!!!

secretbunker

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Richest VIPs
Active User
Member for 7 years
Here's my philosophy on all upgrades.

I'm not the CIA, FBI, Secret Service, big box retailer, bank, government agency, Fortune 500 company, etc...

I'm just some old dude who enjoys a game or two, browsing the 'net, reading the news, etc...

I'm FULLY retired, and loving it.

I founded and own a law firm, that my daughter manages.

I have no secrets, just enjoying life until the Grim Reaper calls me to Great Beyond.

I care nothing about updates, as long as it ain't broken, I don't fritz with it!!!

tescan

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Just as with any new released Windows 11 got it problems and probably isn't fully supported yet. Companies needs time to get their drivers compatible with the new Windows.
Windows 10 had a false start regarding drivers. It took time that there were drivers for. Not sure if 11 is having the same problems.
If the need isn't there and things are still working, then i would just stick to the current Windows version you use. Eventually it wouldn't got updates anymore, but actually that's also not a problem if you don't use internet on it. I still have an old pentium 4 around here with Windows XP on it. I use it for my scanner and for older programs and games. I have a HP scanjet 5400C and that thing doesn't work on newer Windows. There are no drivers for newer windows, only for 98, 2000 and xp. Vuescan is also not an option, cause it doesn't support my scanner and hamrick software blatantly acknowledged it.
On my current pc i use now Windows 8.1. Yes, the support has stopped. And now Steam is also nagging that i should upgrade to 10, cause in 2024 it won't work anymore. I have a license for 8.1 and i have that upgradetool, so i upgrade soon to 10. But only cause otherwise steam won't work anymore.

Tempestive

In Love Lv4️⃣
Green Thumb
Member for 4 years
It's the best since Win7, IMO.
Can easily make it look like a sleek version of 7, there's even software to personalize the start menu.

Security-wise, it's not generally recommended to stick to older versions, as they are no longer updated nor are exploits fixed.
That said, if you know about security and 7 serves your purposes, stick with it. Anything in between 7 and 11, skip it.

ReadySetGo

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hopefully once I can get a license for Windows 11 most of the bugs are already patched. I'm worried that game companies will abandon Windows 10 like what they did to 7, that's the only reason why I will update.

Tempestive

In Love Lv4️⃣
Green Thumb
Member for 4 years
I'm not entirely sure if it's still available, but there was a Win11 free upgrade from 10 at the time it rolled out.
I heard some people who got their copies of 10 from the high-seas and upgraded that way had it turn into an official license ;)

Tempestive

In Love Lv4️⃣
Green Thumb
Member for 4 years
(...) I have a HP scanjet 5400C and that thing doesn't work on newer Windows. There are no drivers for newer windows, only for 98, 2000 and xp. Vuescan is also not an option, cause it doesn't support my scanner and hamrick software blatantly acknowledged it.
HP is **** though, sorry to say. Their practices are dishonest and intentionally fraudulent and backwards - So I'm not surprised your device has driver issues. Check Louis Rossmann on YT for more information.

Jaysonp0

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
There's now too much different from windows 10 and 11 a few things are different like the start menu is smaller like a window and it's simpler and it is bigger uses up more gigs but I like it I don't see much of a difference between windows 10 and 11

Kenobin

SB Cartel Max Level
✌️ Community Team
From the Hell
☠️ Pirate
Special Guest
🎮 Testing Team
Verified 18+ user
⭐ Unlimited Access ⭐
Member for 1 year
Warned that Windows 12 will also arrive if anyone didn't know but the date is not yet known when

laquatuss

Lurker Lv0️⃣
I really like Win11, all my apps run smoothly and the GUI is pretty good. The thing I dont like it very much is the way it's fuses your One Drive files, by default everything in your documents and pictures goes to One Drive and in a blink you have it full