In the market for a smart phone

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,751 happy users since 2014.
Register

Tamuren

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
As you can see from my profile, my phone sucks. It's time for an upgrade. What's good atm? Looking for a screen less than 4.7"

edit: Budget ~500 CAD

ViiP3R

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
Not taller than 4.7"? The most phones are 5.0"+ and even taller.
With 500$ CAD you are able to get a LG G4, I recommend it because of its stats.

Regards,
-J

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Sony Xperia z5 COMPACT is one of the newest Android devices :) With a screen size of 4.6'', a 23 MP camera, 2GB of RAM and a Octa Core Adreno processor, I think this will be the best choice for your budget :cool:

See more:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_compact-7535.php

P3triiX

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 8 years
Sbenny said:
Sony Xperia z5 COMPACT is one of the newest Android devices :) With a screen size of 4.6'', a 23 MP camera, 2GB of RAM and a Octa Core Adreno processor, I think this will be the best choice for your budget :cool:

See more:

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z5_compact-7535.php
yep , its a really good one xD

Tamuren

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
I saw an HTC One M7 for sale used for $250. That's a good phone eh?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It's a old device with very poor camera and battery as far as I know. I suggest you to choose a newer device.

ViiP3R

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
Z5 seems comfortable with its GPU and RAM. The camera is incredible as well with its 5K!!! Resolution, you have to say these mega screens in cinemas have 4k Res only XD. With its stats you would be good to go and with micro cards for more storage (up to 200g lol) you are very well covered for your money.
Didn't thought it was out yet, I'm still living in the last years XD

Regards,
-J

Raxx

Veteran Lv7️⃣
eBook Releaser
Member for 8 years
I really like my current tablet, Asus Nexus 7 2012. Pretty cheap, and has lasted me 3ish years, but the new 2013 Nexus 7 is even better.
$199 on Newegg
Code:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231152&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-All+Tablets-_-N82E16834231152&gclid=CjwKEAiAvPGxBRCH3YCgpdbCtmYSJABqHRVwdfRd7W-Sf6laWPLAicT7yfReyCl46hJzQbDalY2trhoC5Bjw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
Which is about 265 CAD, almost half your budget.

WalaGamer HC

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 8 years
I need a fast phone for gaming and my budget is 100 bucks....any tips?
:dragon:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
You should make another Topic so we can all focus on your request, Wala Gamer.

Anyway, with a budget of $100 is really hard to get a "fast" device atm.

To run smoothly most games, you'd need at least 170-180 bucks to buy at least a Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo or a LG G2. I started with a low end phone (Huawei Y300) but it was so slow after just 4 months.. Now I'm with my OnePlus One since almost 2 years and it's still lightning fast.
So, my advice is, instead of wasting 100 bucks, try to raise it a bit and you'll get lot of benefits, including a longer-lasting device.

Hope it helps.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month