Rooting?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,445 happy users since 2014.
Register

Shelkar1248

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have tried for months to root my device. It has Knox build in the systom, I say this because several times a message comes back that Knox is preventing it and wants me to unistalled it? It is impossible., but I don't read on my root checker that it can be done but is difficult. Any advice or simple instructions please T.Y

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
knox is a pain, but depending on the phone you may have some options, obv a Samsung, but which model, os, and phone carrier (better yet getting the exact phone model helps better, should be in settings-about phone - hardware info), i can see if there's any method available that i trust the source

Shelkar1248

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hi, the model is SM-T56ONU

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
This method should work fine
Code:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/recovery-samsung-tab-e-sm-sm-smnu-smp-t3302935
Follow the directions VERY carefully, you will be downloading/installing 3 files:
Odin , TWRP (make sure to get the one that says your model SM-T560NU, wrong file at minimum wont work, worse luck (esp with knox i watch for this) this could cause a soft brick, usually wont hard brick your phone unless you panic there and do something you shouldnt. Just grab the right file lol
finally, root by flashing the final file linked, as they state (don't select to root, simply flash zip). It also mentions you may need to OEM unlock so check that

tl;dr just repeated most of what the link says. Point is follow the directions and youll be fine, that is THE goto site for rooting, which will make the mods and other things available here a lot more accessible :) good luck!