📖 Tutorial Android Mod IDE - Testing phase 3 v0.90 RC1 Build

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,999 happy users since 2014.
Register

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Still taking awhile so I thought I'd add a new screenshot showing the new screenshot method i added that I took by using the new screenshot method added

Attachments

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
You lost me after first screenshot haha

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
You lost me after first screenshot haha
translation : i took that screenshot from inside ModIDE, see the button above that says screenshot, creates a png file in the Documents/ModIDE/screenshots folder (creates one if it doesn't exist). In a way you got me thinking to do that :) noticed you post dnspy pics in shout showing what you're working on, thought a built in ss method might be useful for this, or people saying errors in console they could send me a shot, etc.

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
now we are talking :D. cheers

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Still alive here :D just been real busy with life and other things, plus this newest addition is a PAIN :S but getting there slowly, to give an idea, heres hows methods will look that are disassembled from an assembly-csharp file

im "hoping to have this finished by mid october, but this segment of programming has taught me my timelines are out the window lol, just know its still be worked on, no abandonware here :D thanks for the support!

Attachments

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
K good news and bad news...bad is this is still taking a LONG time :/ however, good news is I'm trying to make this really stand out and I think the effort to help understand the opcodes you edit is definitely paying off, and it looks fkn sweet :D here is the edit instruction popup you get when you hit the edit button in the pic above

I'll update more as I go on, thanks for following!

Attachments

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Ok I know its been awhile since my last update, I've been dealing with a lot of little issues here and there (net went out for awhile, lost a bunch of data from my builds requiring to start some code over, and some IRL stuff to deal with). The good news is though, I finally got a proper search method implemented for function searching in assembly files :D this was the one hold up keeping me from finalizing my beta build (can't edit methods well if ya can't find them :D ). For some reason the libraries chosen to work on this IDE made some complications arise from setting up the search algorithm (in fact, the file explorer tree search still has issues, however this problem doesn't have a major need for file browsing via the tree and can't search for smali methods quite the same as you can assembly methods, so this won't hold up a beta release, it can be dealt with later).

So what does this mean for ModIDE? Basically, i have some minor cleanup of files to do, along with finalizing the save assembly method (already works from what I can see, however field testing is definitely in order so feedback is HIGHLY appreciated once released), and I think I will have this done and released within the next 10 days, so stay tuned! and Thanks for your support and patience, this will be a KILLER modding tool once fully complete, and since it will be open source and have a setup repository by RC launch, easily modifiable to your needs should it not have everything you need :)

Thanks again and stay tuned!

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
wow... six weeks, I've been in the trenches for awhile

UPDATE!!!!
I am FINALLY able to announce, after, many, many, MANY delays, a new update! Now testers are CRITICAL at this point, as this moves into Beta 1 build. What this will mean for ModIDE, is that I've got a moderately buggy but now ready for the first real usability tests.

Current features:
  • Full Windows installer (requires x64 PC, pretty much a non issue with any recent computer. JVM included in install, so no separate Java needed to run.
  • Apk decompiling tool via, well, Apktool lol
  • Dex2Jar tool supplied to either use via command line, or automatically used when starting a project under "Expanded Apk modding"
  • Full syntax highlighted text editor IDE, with compatibility with around 30 languages, including Java, smali, xml, and C# (currently the most used in apks)
  • Projects allow modification of smali code, all text files in either regular text or hex mode
  • NEW Dll disassembler capable of decompiling assembly files (or any .NET framework dll compiled into CIL/MSIL bytecode). Comprehensive explanations of IL commands, each offsets explanation, and a breakdown of the entire Metadata stream. WIll allow you to rebuild assembly with your edits via a binary hex modification and update (does not "reassemble an assembly", rather edits the original dll while leaving a backup in case of needing to revert to original file).
  • Utility method to auto-inject a toast credit (common for many modders to add their "tag"/credits), simply store a toast with the tools provided, set to include toast during project setup or apk build, and ModIDE will search out the proper place to inject, no headache included!
  • Screenshot tool to take a snap of your current ModIDE screen, useful to report bugs to me. Also good for being able to ask a question to other members/modders to describe a code snippet better, etc.
  • Logging tools automatically track most errors and system notifications in program, again will help for issues you may have to report, however will be useful in future updates when I include heap dump capability, etc.
  • Personalize tool by changing skin, fonts, hex mode display, etc.
  • Finish your work with a signed or unsigned rebuild or the modded apk, using your changes to the smali/il/(insert code here) instructions.
Known Bugs
  • Disassembler will not allow changes to a different MemberRef, MethodSpec, or TypeSpec. Fields, Types, and Class/Method calls should all be available (this is regarding changing the method/field/etc called with an instruction such as call, castclass, ldobj or others)
  • The tooltips and instruction under description change during an instruction modification, the affected row looks pretty broken afterwards. Purely cosmetic and goes away when reloaded or restart, will not effect the mod.
  • I'm sure theres quite a few others, the IL disassembler issues set me about 3 months behind trying to get working and I encountered all forms of bugs during the process. Im sure some slipped thru the cracks so any issues you become aware of PLEASE contact me so I can try to address the following update.
Thanks for following, and thank you for your extensive patience I will now be working on strictly code cleanup and debugging for a bit before my next important update, adding into github and svn repositories for open sourcing. Keep on the lookout for other important updates as well, such as adding a tool to handle il2cpp type Unity games, adb interoperability for acquiring heapdump, Ptrace/Pinvoke, dnlib type encryption detection/deobfuscation, and MUCH more!

🔒 Hidden content
You need to Register or Login in order to view this content. Since you're viewing the AMP-accelerated version of our website which doesn't store login cookies, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "View Non-AMP Version" button first, thanks!

Last edited:

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
lets testing begin :D well done matey. glad to see you back

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
lets testing begin :D well done matey. glad to see you back
tyty :) yea gonna try being back on more often, now that a release was possible. Like I said i know there was a huge amount of bugs in the first beta build, I wanted to make sure it should be totally safe to the files before I posted a testable version. Its much more stable than the last version you saw so just keep me posted on any issues you see, and i'll continue working in the meantime anyways. Thanks!

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
HOTFIX - Newest update had issue allowing a new project to disassemble a .NET dll file(assembly-csharp files)
This was discovered when I attempted to use the production version, another reason I stress, feedback VITAL to make this project work, all input positive/negative HIGHLY appreciated!
🔒 Hidden content
You need to Register or Login in order to view this content. Since you're viewing the AMP-accelerated version of our website which doesn't store login cookies, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "View Non-AMP Version" button first, thanks!

Last edited:

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
If only there was a " love it " button @s810car
🌈💜🌈

VetRain

The Nicest Person On Sbenny.Com
Member for 6 years