Online game modding is fading away.

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,813 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZeupaMan4Eva

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I am an internet scavenger for game mods and have been for years and the trend I have noticed is that the games are now switching to online which makes hacking impossible since everything is server sided. What I'm trying to say is that over the years the games that can be modded are less and less than usual such as ( DH5, Sniper Fury , or most of the gameloft games and GLU ones too and etc) thus making modding rare and rarer day by day. I am a member in 4 modding communities and a free user in many others and all I see modders posting are the offline games and in my terms " childish" games which are an easy work " FOR THE MODDER OF COURSE" .

I'm not in anyway trying to sound ungrateful, I very appreciate what the modders are doing, it is a hard thing but to summarize, the online game modding will deteriorate day by day . The same is for PC game pirating, there is a protection system called Denovu which prevents literally ANYONE from pirating a game. Even the modders/piraters with the MOST ADVANCED knowledge will fail and will take them sometimes over a year to breach the game.

In a very rare case ,even IF an android game modders be able to mod an online game, the user will get an insta ban a day or 2 later. ( I am speaking of experience, I have been there A LOT)

I have even checked the VIP section of sbenny and there are SOME online games which is GREAT but they aren't as populated as I thought the list would be.

I do KNOW that there are SOME online games which their client side CAN be modded but at the end of the day, you will face a slap of ban a few days later or a few months later from some VERY weak ass developers.

But again, modding something is better than nothing!

AGAIN, don't take it the wrong way, Just stating my opinion and observation.

Thanks for reading my weird ass opinion lol :D :D :D :D :D :geek: ;) :p :walkingdroid: :walkingdroid: :walkingdroid:

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
mostly dmg can be modded in online game be as you said if you abuse any mod you will get ban. Also depends how mod was done to cover up trace of logging dmg etc on devs server so devs wouldnt have any evidence. Everything is progressing with time so do apk protections but....there is always gonna be somebody who outsmart devs :D

Snoke

In Love Lv4️⃣
Happy birthday to me
✔ Approved Releaser
Member for 6 years
I understand everything you are saying, but for me i have been modding Star Wars Galaxies of Heroes, and lot of player get banned but i have been using MOD for more then a year, with 3 accounts and never get banned, you have to use all MOD without abusing... Just test with few accounts before using and save with google accounts or Facebook. Then after you read forums and see how others players abuse, you just MOd more delicated.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
. The same is for PC game pirating, there is a protection system called Denovu which prevents literally ANYONE from pirating a game. Even the modders/piraters with the MOST ADVANCED knowledge will fail and will take them sometimes over a year to breach the game....
;) :p :walkingdroid: :walkingdroid: :walkingdroid:
not quite
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denuvo
point is, if it's made, people will find a way to mod it. it's more about the market for mobile is vastly different, the games are less desired to modify, and being free to play makes the demand for such low enough that a lot of hackers won't bother, they mostly do it for the love, not profit, and there's little of either in mobile.
there's other factors as well. the industry has matured to the point all the young hackers have grown up, and have little interest in hacking simple mobile apps, the reason you gave (difficulty) actually increases the amount of hackers rather than reduce, being the other motive to hack is the 'proving yourself' factor, gets them respect in their circles.the newer generations have little experience and want quick answers, no one wants to learn anymore, so many give up rather than actually take the time to learn the skills necessary.
Lastly, we taklking about modding, not cracking, and the actual communities are vastly different both in skill and physical size. you'll see the same tremd in OS skinning and even somewhat on 'allowed' modding (where the code is all human readable so any one with notepad can mod).

Best advice i can give is, you want to see more mods, learn how to do it, and encourage others to do the same, more interest will drive a bigger market and you'll see more mods as a result :)

HelloPoops

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
It's true that you can get banned, but that's only for those who spam it (pvp, world bosses, being lvl 1 and pwning), all you need to do is use these mods in moderation, if it can't be deactivated, only use it in less populated areas, and stick to healing for bosses, and deal the finishing blow instead of a 1 shot kill, just wait until the hp is reasonably low to die at that point.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month