Not trying to sound ungrateful but

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,281 happy users since 2014.
Register

ZeupaMan4Eva

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello!

I'm really happy that I found this site and as I see there were some of the mods that I wanted and I am gonna download them but I was wondering, why won't the modders here mod some other online games? I'm seeing many many great online games but no mods for them. Is it that they can NEVER be modded or is it that it's wayyyyyy too hard to mod so the modders won't bother with them at all?

Look I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, I really appreciate what you guys are doing but had to ask the question " Why not mod some other popular online app store games?"
Games such as Jungle Heat or many other games similar to it. I KNOW that we have the " Server-sided" issues but still isn't there anyway around it???

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
To answer your question,
Server sided game is not possible to make mod for. (A private server in game hack may be possible [ie:c.o.c], but not possible to connect with any saved progress as it's only in private server hack)
Can you explain what you mean by saying you found games HERE but they're not modded ?
(All games in our game mods section ARE modded and we also have games called " paid apk " meaning Playstore charges to Download and we've unlocked from Playstore directly to give free( those games have been modified in some ways as well, wether to remove/create Substitute license,remove ads, some have money mods too , but ALL games found at Sbenny are modded)
Which /where exactly are you referring to please ?
Give me a thread link to those specific games you find HERE that are not modded
Also, have you made a
" proper " request in the game request section? If you have further questions on server sided Games I'd be happy to answer your questions, just send me a pm.
Best Regards,
SusieQ™

ZeupaMan4Eva

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Sorry If I wasn't clear enough Susie, I'm not a native speaker. What I was saying was that I searched google for mods for game such as Guns of Boom but couldn't find it but fortunately I found it HERE on this website. I didn't mean that there is a game on this website which claims to be modded but isn't :)

So things such as " ammo ", " health", " damage", and " speed" are mostly client-sided then? If so then why won't the devs make those values server sided to prevent cheating? Sorry I'm not anywhere near android modding knowledge but just stupid questions here and there to get my knowledge upped :D

Well I could make a request in that section but since no other android modding communities or even google could provide me with mods of the game I want then I was thinking maybe it just isn't possible to mod the game? But I will make a post and hope for best
Thanks,

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Sorry If I wasn't clear enough Susie, I'm not a native speaker. What I was saying was that I searched google for mods for game such as Guns of Boom but couldn't find it but fortunately I found it HERE on this website. I didn't mean that there is a game on this website which claims to be modded but isn't :)

So things such as " ammo ", " health", " damage", and " speed" are mostly client-sided then? If so then why won't the devs make those values server sided to prevent cheating? Sorry I'm not anywhere near android modding knowledge but just stupid questions here and there to get my knowledge upped :D

Well I could make a request in that section but since no other android modding communities or even google could provide me with mods of the game I want then I was thinking maybe it just isn't possible to mod the game? But I will make a post and hope for best
Thanks,
as far as what stats can be modded, picture being a developer running those games. you have to run your own server (ie pay for it). So, how do you make a profit? Obviously ads, and whatever purchases you can monetize, you aren't going to be able to sell your app itself, the market hardly supports paid apps, everyone expects free games now.
Now, here's your next problem, server costs can be overwhelming, so you manage to find a cheap webhost, but that requires you to pay additional costs based on traffic. your stuck in a catch - 22, you need to build traffic to make money from ads (and hopefully draw out enough 'whale' gamers, the types who will do anything to win so they constantly p2w), but too much traffic and not enough whales will put you out of business. then, another problem arises, those dam modders making cheats of your game, allowing people to play without making any purchases, which both removes income and discourages those whales from making a purchase since the cheaters get the same benefits without paying (for the record, I'm on the modders side in this debate, a clever developer will find ways to monetize regardless of this). How do you avoid that fate and get the amount of business to survive?
best option for you at that point is to server side everything in your game, it's too costly to add other security now, and besides, encryption or other code based security gets cracked eventually. Being your first MMO, you do just that, and it works, people stop being able to cheat, but now a new problem : you reduced traffic by losing some of the cheaters, and even regular users (more server side =more problems with game connectivity which frustrates some players enough to cause quitting) THEN you get your server bill and holy sh*t did it increase even with all the players lost, you increased wasted server traffic (more data transfer between less players from all the server polling. Now what?

This is the android developers conundrum. the solution most come to is to only server side the most important aspects of the game (the stuff that keeps can flow, such as purchasechecks and leaderboard rankings that couldn't be client side), while leaving less important but more server intensive stuff like player stats client side, they poll the server too much, increasing wasted traffic. they resort to manual control of these items, banning cheaters to reduce the damage they cause, its more work but alternative is going out of business. this is why you'll see big developer games have those protections, but most don't, it's too expensive.

Hope that answers the question for ya :)

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month