Level Ranks Extended :D

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,583 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
Hey guys,

So I was thinking the level ranks are awesome but... kind of lacking. Its fairly easy/quick to level up and once you've reached level 10 then what (I only started frequenting the forums and posting mods recently and am already level 7 moving onto 8, 2 away from max level although I feel like I'm still a newcomer to the forum...). Also why not name each level something fun or level worthy to spice things up a little and make levelling up in the forum enjoyable and something we want to achieve and be rewarded for it?

To do that I was thinking why not adjust the amount of XP recieved for things so that people who just post in order to download mods don't have an easy means to levelling up quickly (high level mod downloaders - professional mod users B-) ) and to make it harder to level up as we get higher in levels (The more someone contributes by taking part in the community the more XP they gain to level meaning the higher the level someone is the more experienced they will be in the forums)... turn it into a game of sorts that creates immersion in the site/forum itself and make each higher level member feel like they have earned it and to show that higher level forum members have been around for a while and know their way around the forum. You could make it so that a person cannot post the exact same message twice in a row within 5minutes of eachother across the entire forum as a means to fight 'thanks' spammers so they'd have to post something different on each topic to download.

Optional: You could introduce level permissions whereby the higher the level you are the more you can do in the forum and the lower the level the least you can do for example; level 0/1 cannot use the chat, create topics, use PM or post on others profile walls as well as other features but they can post comments in order to download and to reply to other topics made by people - they'd have to take part in the community in order to level up by not only downloading but also leaving mod feedbacks. Level 2 can gain acces to posting on others walls but will have to continue taking part in the forums. Level 3 gain chat access and post topics in certain forums. Level 4 gain PM access and the right to post topics in more forums etc. those are just examples but what I mean by level permissions is basically something like that. This can weed out the people who appreciate the site and everything SBenny because they'd try to level up and take part in the community from people who are just here for the mods.

From level 4 onwards each level up could bring rewards such as new medals specifically for levelling and contribution to the site and Sbenny cash rewards.

Our level Ranks titles/naming examples:

Lv0: Strange benny
Lv1: Mysterious Lurker
Lv2: SBenny's Stalker
Lv3: SBenny's Buddy
Lv4: Lover of Mods
Lv5: Forum Crush
Lv6: Committed B-) :headbang:
Lv7: SBenny's Associate
Lv8: Inner Circle
Lv9: SBenny Family
Max Level: Don of the Mods
From level 8-10 these members could get their names highlighted or something. And instead of having to come up with actual names to use for each level we could have everyone have their levels stated as they are but then have a random name/title generator make up a title per level rank so it'd be unique for each member?

If it's possible you could introduce Level rank branches, ones for forum users and modders for example, everyone is on the forum users level branch but lets say someone starts modding first they gain permission to post mods through verification (as you are doing now) but once they are established they start on the modders level branch from 'humble beginnings' 0 - 5 'Master Modder' (Of course for this it would be harder to level up by way of releasing mods and also reviews from SBenny and other Master modders maybe?) - Won't effect already trusted and established modders who have been here for a long time. Also for new joiners who are modders they can contact the TZ team and tell them and well as show them proof they are modders in order to gain access to releasing mods in the forum.

The reason behind this suggestion is to differenciate people who are experienced and been apart of SBenny for a long time from newcomers. If someones been here for a long time and is level 10 but then theres some who's been here for a couple months or so and is the same level how can you tell them apart other than the date they joined the site? That removes the point of levels doesn't it? The point of this idea is to bring reason and worth to each level in order to make people who have contributed and been apart of SBenny for a long time stand out from others who have been here a short time. :)

This is just a suggestion, an idea I thought would be cool if its possible to implement that would be great if not thats fine :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I appreciate your idea buddy. The main problem is that you didn't take into consideration what a level depends on: the post count.
Do you think someone who posted only "thank you" messages must be rewarded with special medals and special ranks for it? I don't think so. There's why I introduced MultiRanks time ago, assigned only to specific users who meet particular criterias: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146

The topic is a little outdated, but info should still be up to date.

SynodSystems

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 8 years
If you really thing people will rank up to lvl 10 just by saying thank yous and other short comments?? no way, spamming is not allowed, and every lvl has its own proggress exp, yah its easy to get from lvl 1 to 5 really fast, but everytime u make an lvl you require more exp to reach the next lvl and so on, all posts are checked by moderators and admin, so we keep the spam to ZERO, and we have multi ranks and each rank needs an acomplish in order to earn/get it, everyone can get this ranks as long as they achieve whats necesary to earn/get it.

SynodSystems

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 8 years
oh yes forgot somethign and to see whos new or old in this forum, just clik his/her name and scroll all the way to the bottm where you will see the achivments, and you can see for how long they been with this site, how many topics/likes/posts and medals have

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
[url=https://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=66080#p66080:3cwx2tms]Sbenny » 50 minutes ago[/url] said:
I appreciate your idea buddy. The main problem is that you didn't take into consideration what a level depends on: the post count.
Do you think someone who posted only "thank you" messages must be rewarded with special medals and special ranks for it? I don't think so. There's why I introduced MultiRanks time ago, assigned only to specific users who meet particular criterias: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146

The topic is a little outdated, but info should still be up to date.
Of course not, this is just an idea and it doesn't need to be implemented exactly as stated. I was just thinking to add more to the levels and also make the levelling more enjoyable but also harder to achieve. And no no what I meant by the rewards part is that if the levelling is made harder then people would need to do more in order to level up that way people who are just here to download mods stay in low levels like 0-2 and for those who are here not just for the mods but for the community and everything else they'd obviously take part more and won't be a typical robot so for that extra commitment/contribution there can be a new set of medals like... I don't know gold stars? lol and as I said in the OP this is just an idea, it doesn't need to be implemented as is you can take it as a suggestion, take ideas from it and mold it into something that is plausible.

And I think you misunderstood what I meant by level titles/names. I'm not saying that people be given special ranks, the title/names I posted in the OP next to levels is basically the level itself so for example instead of level 0 being a plain old level 0 it can be called the 'Strange Benny' which means level 0;
Level 0
'The Strange Benny'
Level 1
'Mysterious Lurker'

And so on so forth, this will give way to banter in the chat and also spice things up a little, of course the level names don't need to be as mentioned they can be something else whatever you want and if you don't want to think up names for the levels thats where the name generator comes in and this can be used to give each new member a fresh unique level name and that would bring a boat load of banter to the chat cos people would have random level names generated... These level names/titles are the level itself they aren't anything special so when someone levels up they get a new level name/title. They aren't anything special but it will indicate someones experience in the forum (not meaning level experience but knowledge/time in the forum based experience). The mutliranks are awesome but they are more job/role based and that is great and should be left like that.

And I say it again, its just a suggestion so you can take ideas from it and mold it into something plausible.

SusieQ

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm thinking that you have a good idea, I think that maybe you just we're misunderstood. If you mean to leave the requirements the same as they are for each level but maybe add a suggested name for each level rather than just a number, ?? If that's what you mean I think yes, it's not a bad suggestion at all.
Just my opinion..

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
Well yes thats one part of the idea. It can either be instead of level numbers it be level names (funny ones and cool ones) or side by side with level numbers so 'Strange Benny' and underneath it would have Level 0 (just so then people know what level that is). The other part is to make levelling up harder. I've come across a lot of people who just download mods but are Level 5+ and I think thats not a good idea... Typically in forums people who are higher ranked or higher "levelled" are the ones who are more familiar and experienced in the forum or have contributed a lot to the community/forums thats why they are higher ranked or levelled... So when I see that in this forum there are newcomers (such as myself I joined in August which is last month but I only recently started coming here everyday) who are already on their way to becoming Level 5+ or nearing level 10 which is max level I was surprised and thought that it shouldn't be that easy and that it should be made harder to level so that those who are familiar and experienced in the forums are in the higher levels whereas newcomers and mod downloaders stay in the lower levels until they contribute and spend more time in the forums so as to seperate the newcomers from the people who have been here for longer.

The MultiRanks are something entirely different because they are job/role based and it's something that someone who's new to the forum can get because it's more to do with thei skill or what they can do rather than their experience and familiarity in the forum. What I'm talking about when I say level titles/names is just that... they aren't special ranks they are just names/titles for each level like you would probably find in some games or guilds from the bottom to the top, the lower levels have low ranking/funny names and as someone gets higher in the levels they start getting cooler names and once someone reaches max level they get a name like 'Don of the Mods' or something that represents the max level. Its not that their name changes its the name of the level. So level 0 would be for example 'Strange Benny' meaning Stranger to SBenny for short because they are new and as they level up their level name changes too to show that not only are they levelling up but they are getting more familiar in the forum.

If this is implemented then people would know that they can go to someone that is level 7-10 knowing that they are more experienced in the forum rather than having to go their profile and check when they joined the forum but then with the current way it is they'd find out that that person has only been here for 2 months. If it's harder to level then it would show that someones been here for a long time and they know their way around the forum so people can go to them to ask questions.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
So, in easy cheezy words:

1) Different Ranks, with fun names such as this one?

2) Higher requirements to reach next rank. (example: 13 posts instead of 5 to reach level 2, and so on)

Tell me what you think. If this is what you meant, let's find some cool names to put in for all the 10 levels and I'll do it in my free time :)

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Member for 6 years
@DarkPhantom

So, in easy cheezy words:

1) Different Ranks, with fun names such as this one?

2) Higher requirements to reach next rank. (example: 13 posts instead of 5 to reach level 2, and so on)

Tell me what you think. If this is what you meant, let's find some cool names to put in for all the 10 levels and I'll do it in my free time :)
That is along the right lines yes! But not different ranks. What i mean is the levels stay the same or are increased in number(10-15 ) if you want, but basically instead of level 0 being level 0 it could be called 'Strange Benny' and then have level 0 underneath it in a smaller size just so people are aware that thats what the name means or what level it represents or vice versa so someone who reaches level 1 instead of it saying Level 1(or whatever level) on their profile it will have the name we choose to represent that level. So it can be 'Random Lurker' instead of level 1 and underneath in small text it will say level 1 just so people know. What I mean is give each level a name that starts off from funny or weird and as someone levels up the name gets cooler but that name represents the level you are instead of having everyone being plain level 1 for example, and people that reach the max level should have awesome names like Don of Mods or something like that. With the levelling up yes higher requirements as to make it harder and take longer for a person to level up that way they have to be apart of SBenny for longer and have to contribute more to it by way of posts and being apart of the community in order to reach higher levels. This way it creates a bit of a gap from new people to people who have been here for a long time because I don't think it makes sense for someone who has been here for 2 years at level 10 to be the same level as someone who has been here for a few months and has already reached levels 8-10(Me for example I've been here for almost 2 months and am already reaching level 8 yet I'm a newbie). It would be better to make the levels worthy of the person who holds it by making it harder to achieve. This being said if you can implement this I would appreciate it if you can make me level 2/3 instead of my current level and for those who have been here for a long time, you will probably know Sbenny, those people you can keep at their current level, such as staff and mod/hacker teams etc. but I think that the people who have been here for less than 2 months have their levels changed to level 1 with the new system in place because with the new system this makes sense.

Heck I know for sure that if we introduce some funny early level names there will be a lot of banter in the chats for a while (Oh damn theres a Random Lurker, everyone act legit!! :D) Also maybe we should hold a polls for new levels names and get everyones input?

Attachments

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I applied some changes, let me know the list of names you think would be funny to have :) or make a poll, up to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.