Filter Last Posts Section

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,090 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
On many forums I go on daily, I like having the "Latest Posts" section, saves time to be able to browse what I want to read first. I didn't know this site had one like an rss feed at least when viewed from a phone (typical Internet browser i guess, never went below top 2/3 of front page lol). So I was glad to see i can use that as well as the chat to keep current here :D
Of course I went through it a little bit ago, guess how many posts I found that had a topic and content other than "Mod xyz... Leechuser_X: Thx u rool! lol!! 1!!" :bash:
This leads me to this request, is it possible to filter out the mod release forums from the latest posts? Well it is but could we?
An alternate suggestion and even better for the site would be to run a parallel copy of lastest posts, called latest mods, and put like latest 15 mods there, while still filtering that forum from latest posts. That suggestion would both make latest posts more useful while also promoting newest mods to attract signups, instead of the posts one being mostly useless (I imagine when a popular mod is released, latest posts has one thread displayed, right :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Sure, I can easily add this feature (latest mods).

It's actually quite simple, since we can use a custom search to display latest TOPICS in the Game Releases section of the forum.

I can put the link to this custom search as a menu option, displaying only latest mods when a user clicks on it, what do you think?

Thanks for sharing your idea!

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
well i mention that as an alternative to crowding the latest posts section with the ty->download posts, regardless i do think it is a good idea to have that search pattern for members to let them easily find out what new releases came out so yea id say go for it :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Done!

So, now you'll find "Latest Mods" at the top of the forum, plus, you have now the option to sort EVERY TOPIC of this forum by Topic Date!

Thanks again for your great idea!

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
ok now That solves my issue :D thanks really appreciate the fact this forum addresses member complaints and concerns, im more a tinkeredthan a gamer so tutorials, questions on modding, those are what I'm interested in so being able to filter to see those posts is huge for me, thanks again!

Zioyman

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
OMG this is insane :eek: I love it already makes everything so easy thank you Sbenny for implementing this and s810car for suggesting it much love from me since I tend to be lazy and never search

Status
Not open for further replies.