Onda v891w v1

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,113 happy users since 2014.
Register

Morpheus

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 8 years
Hi all,

I purchased an Onda v891w v1. This is a dual OS device, Android 5 and Windows 10. Being somewhat overzealous, I tried rooting this tablet using Kingoroot. When it didn't work, I used adb to unlock the bootloader and tried again. This was successful, the Android install was rooted. But then I made the mistake of trying to install SuperSU. The tablet rebooted after the installation and never came back on. It gets stuck on the Onda logo before booting into Android.

The good news is that I can boot it in recovery mode and dnx mode. The bad news is that I don't have a ROM to flash, stock or other. Biggest problem is that Onda is an OEM manufacturer who operates in mainland China only. They don't offer any support outside of China and it seems impossible to get hold of them if you don't speak the local language (Mandarin I suppose).

I was told by an Asian friend to connect the tablet to a powered usb hub, along with an external keyboard and press F7 when booting the tablet to access the BIOS. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to work. Even if it did, I'm not sure what good it would do as I suspect I would need to reinstall Android, or Windows, or both.

So if anyone has any experience with Onda, please help. I'd very much appreciate it.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I guess you have to factory reset it and/or install the clean factory rom onto the actual one. Try xda.

Morpheus

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 8 years
Good point, forgot to mention, factory reset has been tried without success. I've been unable to find the stock ROM for this device. I have found ROMs for slightly different models, like the v5, but those don't work on my device. I may need to learn Chinese to figure this out :)

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month