Watched Threads

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,108 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
There was a thread on site where someone was asking a question that i responded to. This started a couple days ago so i already forgot I about it since i left my last comment not thinking more info would come, plus it says im 'watching' the thread so i left it.
So today I just checked for new stuff, etc. but missed checking that thread which did get new info on it, then checking my email found out that i did have a post.
I was wondering, something I've seen on other forums was a notification area, like how this site shows new messages and likes in the front page control panel. is it possible to add notifications there as well when new posts show up on watched threads (well it is obv i mean can it be added :D )
Thanks for considering!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I think this could be added, but not as default, since EVERY topic you reply to is automatically added to your Watched Threads by default (I myself receive 100s mails every day for each post on this forum, lol).

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
sounds good, no reason for it to be default, but tbh i think if it emails by default, maybe reverse the two and have to opt in to emails by choice instead of the forum notice, unless that's already not a default and i purposely set it which i dont think i did anyways lol

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Now that I think about it, you already get a notification for your watched threads. You can find it at the bottom-right side of the facebook-like chat we have.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
do you mean the #5 here?
i was thinking that might be something but how do you access that list? if that's it i like it cause it's nice and visible but just need a way to hit it, maybe it works on pc bur not phone?

Attachments

( ( dub ) )

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
Believe it is only on pc. I don't have it on my phone, but see it on pc.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
yea i think I've been on this site like twice on pc lol I'm always on mobile, this site looks good on mobile but that is one issue since i usually avoid gmail (i HATE auto sync so don't check often enough) and the only other mobile related issue i can think of is the shout is slow, i mean typing letter by letter with swype since it misses a lot of the time slow. I'll bring that up next request thread lol

( ( dub ) )

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
[url=http://sbenny.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=39005#p39005:266ikmdu]s810car » 1 minute ago[/url] said:
yea i think I've been on this site like twice on pc lol I'm always on mobile, this site looks good on mobile but that is one issue since i usually avoid gmail (i HATE auto sync so don't check often enough) and the only other mobile related issue i can think of is the shout is slow, i mean typing letter by letter with swype since it misses a lot of the time slow. I'll bring that up next request thread lol
Haha, I thought it was just me, so I never brought that up. It's always deleting everything as I am typing.

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
yea it def aint just you, not sure best way to suggest a fix since I'm sure the intention wasn't to be slow, anyways i thread jacked myself enough, one request at a time lol

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Done! Watched Topics added to your "Profile" menu and to the panel at the right (index of the forum).

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
tyty :D that'll help so if i understand correctly the red number near chat will tell me i have notifications for watched threads and the link you just created will forward me to a page with them correct? if that's the case that's actually better then the example i explained in pm, thanks!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
No, from mobile you get the red number if you have unread chat messages.

Only from Desktop version you can get notifications in the chat. See here:

and here, after clicking on it:

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
when i get my dam computer I'll have to look at the desktop version, see all the differences (could do on phone obv but i hate pinch zooming everywhere lol)
all good, the watched thread section works fine anyways, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.