Please help i made a Big Mistake

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,137 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzar01

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
ok fokes not even 6 hours after rooting my phone I have broke it :headbang:

so I was trying to mod the in app purchase of a game witch lucky patcher did not work so I found the freedom app so I downloaded and tried ( freedom) after trying it did not work with the in app purchase so I preceded to delete the app ( google play was no longer working )as described in freedom post ( find systems / apps and then delete phonesky )

so when I did this my s6 got a warning screen and crashed and now it wont load up by the Samsung/three loading screen

I can still reboot in to download mode and also Manhit team win recovery project .
now the big problem is I forgot to backup my phone after rooting .
can anyone advise what my next steps would be to fix my phone ?

Ps have a good laugh at a complete newbie mistake and not backing up my phone :-x am kicking my self :|

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Try reading this article. It has some good info that might help you out. for now it seems like you're just stuck in a bootloop or a soft brick which can be fixed. You may or may not lose some info, but at this point it's not an expensive paper weight. (y)

Code:
http://thedroidguy.com/2015/06/how-to-get-samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-out-of-boot-loop-107653
Also never delete system apps unless you know what they do. To remove freedom properly, you need to go into the app and hit "Stop" then uninstall it. It was still active when you uninstalled it GP will not work, you then need to reinstall it, stop it, then uninstall it. After that GP will start working again.

If you need anymore help let me know.

Tzar01

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
thanks axiom al have a read of the post in a little bit. see how it goes cheers .

Tzar01

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
well had a good read off post .

I tried wiping the cache partition but no luck
the file I deleted was priv-app .........
I think am going to have to master reset ( am ok with that I have most of my pics etc previously backed up )
would I be worth trying to reflash the root twrp and space x as when my phone is stuck I can plug it in to laptop and odin reads that the phone is connected ?

Tzar01

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
ok well doing a master reset an it did not help ...................
I was thinking my next step would be to down load the stock firmware and load that to mobile ?

am I going in the right direction to fix my issue and is there any dos and donts ?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Download the stock official ROM (ensure it's the same version you had or higher. A lower one could give you serious issues) and the relative gapps (gapps = google apps) for that Android version. Then, before flashing them via ADB, try connecting your phone to your PC and then turn your phone in bootload. This way you should be able to move your folders on your PC and you should not lose pics and music. Now you can flash via ADB and everything should work again. Also, if you had a micro SD I suggest you to put it on another device in order to not lose any files and then, after your phone returns to life, you can move it back into your smartphone. Good luck and I hope you learnt the importance of backups ;)

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Hope you will fix this, always remember when u open and use freedom and u are about to open playstore, make sure to close freedom properly (you can see the freedom running on notification panel) open freedom and in option there is a "stop" just click that and continue using playstore. You will get random errors or problems like u are facing now when u run both at a same time

Tzar01

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
Thanks again for everyones help that's it's back to stock rom and running fine . (y)

Going to root the phone again and I will make a backup point this time

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Glad you managed to solve your problem!

#Solved

#Topic Locked

Attachments