Remove root detection from an APK file (Part 1)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,068 happy users since 2014.
Register

AndnixSH

Savage Lv6️⃣
SB Mod Squad ⭐
Member for 8 years
Can't play a game on your rooted devices? Don't want to install Xposed or any 3rd party apps?

Here is how to remove Root Detection from any app. Notes: this may not work with every app.

How to remove Root detection from the .apk file:

1. Backup the APK file you want to mod, using

APK backup and restore

and copy the .apk file to your computer;

2. Download any APK tools to your computer.

3. Install Notepad++ on your computer (link below):

Notepad++

4. Place the backed up APK inside the folder APK tool folder (it depends on which apk tool you are using). If you're using the Apkt Tool provided in this tutorial, place it inside the 1-APK-in folder:

5. Decompile the APK file

6. Open Notepad++, click on "Search" -> "Find in files..."

7. Find the path where the APK has been decompiled, and select "smali". Click "OK"

8. Search for any of the following words and click "Search"

Code:
Superuser
Supersu
/system/app/Superuser.apk
/data/local
/data/local/bin
/data/local/xbin
/sbin
/system/bin
/system/sd/xbin
/system/xbin
/system/bin/failsafe
/vendor/bin
/su
/s

9. You will see the result. Double click on line to open up the choosen smali file.

10. Modify the string to whatever you want. Example: "com.donotdetectme", "imnotrooted" and so on.

11. Open the APK tool, select the APK and recompile + resign the APK file

12. Install it on your rooted device and enjoy!

Credits:
AndnixSH#

______________________________ PART 2 >

Last edited:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Re: Remove root detection from an APK file

Another great tutorial

A similar procedure can be followed to remove hacking tools detection aswell :)

agadrew87

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
Re: Tutorial Remove root detection from an APK file

Not working to me. I tried it on Bleach Brave Souls. I just want to remove the detection without the other modify stats.

Edit: Solved. Thanks.

comwhat

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 8 years
Can I fix the part I detect when I adjust the speed with the Game Guardian?

Duwen

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 7 years
can remove ptrace error when using Game guardian?

Akilesh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Can we do this ???we remove the root detection permission but make the app acts like it got root permission can we do it

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Can we do this ???we remove the root detection permission but make the app acts like it got root permission can we do it
trying to understand the question or a use case, in general id have to say no, for it to 'act' like it has root permission it would have to perform some method that requires it, and request 'su' from your phone, the very act of checking and denying rooted phones means they won't have any function requesting su. Now for example if you wanted it to save a file in a directory that requires root, it can provided you manually changed that folders permission, but it won't do that permissions change on its own , it believes you are not rooted ( it still checked, you just lied lol) so it won't even try to change permissions. that's the easiest example i can think of as far as it works as rooted but won't work like an app that needs and utilizes root, ya know?

(ignore below, personal note to search later)
Note to self: idea for ModIDE : auto inspect and experimental remove root and cheat detection

Akilesh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
do u know how to root lenovo tab 3 7 essential android lollipop 5.1 i try king root kingoroot one clicl root iroot towel root nothing make it root say there is no requests right now plz help me <br /><br /> Edited on ( 17 Jul 2017, 09:02 ) <br /><br /> do u know how to root lenovo tab 3 7 essential android lollipop 5.1 i try king root kingoroot one clicl root iroot towel root nothing make it root say there is no requests right now plz help me

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
try the guide here
Code:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/guide-lenovo-tab3-8-tb3-850f-t3559786
double check your phone model first, there may be different methods for different releases, the link here is for model TB3-850F for example

Akilesh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
does someone know how to open .so file on android and understand ther UTF-8 encoding like thses code "�P���ig�P�!�ig�P���ig�P�F�ig�P���ig�P� �ig�P�
H�ig�P� C�ig" plz