How to decrypt an encrypted .dll file

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,352 happy users since 2014.
Register

Vapp13

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hi guys, I have a question,

1. I managed to decrypt the dlls,
2. Using APK-tool I extracted/decompile the APK
3. Replaced the original Assembly-CSharp.dll and Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll with the ones I decrypted using this method
4. Zipped/Compiled again.
5. Signed it.
6. Installed.

But is crashing when opening. I didn't even modified anything on the dll's just decrypted them. Do I have to do something else before compiling the APK with the decrypted dll's? Like encrypting again? is there any tool for that?

I can open the dll's with net reflector, but I didn't want to modified anything before trying to compile the game again with the decrypted dll's to see if they work, but no.

The game I'm working with is Hyper-Heroes_v1.0.6.54978.apk

Thanks!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
gdb doesn't work fine on Android 5.0 and higher. That error usually comes when you're running Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat. Try using Bluestacks at 4.4.2, it should work.

yes, I guess that game recognizes the dll only if encrypted. And no, you'll not find any *tools* to do it magically.

bonobo69

In Love Lv4️⃣
Active User
Member for 6 years
Exactly what i looking for, amazing works Sbenny, you the man :)

Rue

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 8 years
so apparently i tried to decrypt one of nexon game ROTK, but when i tried it it gaves me ptrace error process cant be attached,

any work around about this case?

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Imho easiest to dump when game have ptrace is to use rooted phone even better if is not a Samsung( they have stupid knox ) and install systemless root then use game guardian. Job done. But if its Nexon they most ptobably have xigncode or own nmss format so may not get too far.