How use use Helium Backup NO ROOT

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,307,805 happy users since 2014.
Register

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Sup everyone. I'm gonna show you how to install and use Helium Back on a Non Rooted device.
This is very useful for using other peoples game saves or sharing your own.
All Links will be provided in this tutorial. Just keep reading for the good stuff.​

NOW ONTO THE GOOD STUFF!

Tools you will need:

1. A PC
2. A few minutes of your time.
3. Helium Backup Installed on your phone/device

***LINKS YOU WILL NEED***

Playstore Link
Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup
Helium PC Link
Code:
http://www.clockworkmod.com/carbon
***INSTRUCTIONS***

Step 1: Install Helium Backup On Your Phone

Step 2: Install Helium On your PC

Step 3: Open Helium On Your Phone & PC , then connect via USB Cord. Wait for it to sync.
PC Message

Phone Message

Step 4: Now select the app you wish to back up and check it off. I chose "Asdivine Dios" Now Hit "Backup"

Step 5: Select where you want it to back up to. Select "Internal Storage" {It will save it to you SDcard portion of your device, right under the folder "Android"

Step 6: Wait for it to finish.

Step 7: Go to your file manager and go under your device/Android & you will now see a new folder called "Carbon"

Step 8: Inside the carbon folder you will find a folder with the games name you just backed up.

***Final Steps***

-Making a save for someone else-
Copy this entire folder with the files in it to your desktop or zip it right from your device, upload it and share the link.

-Using a save someone else made-
Download and install the game you wish to use a save for, run helium & backup the game.
Download the helium save & extract it to"android/carbon" and overwrite the save you just made.
Go to "Restore & Sync" at the top o Helium and restore the game data.
Exit Helium, run game & ENJOY the fun.

***Note***
If you read the box in step 3, each time you shut down your phone/device you will need to reattach it to your PC to activate it. This is only needed if your not rooted. Root users, just install and run, grant root access and your good to go.

Best of Luck.

Axiom

:dragon:

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Re: Tutorial How use use Helium Backup NO ROOT

Thank you again, Axiom.
This tutorial will be used for next Helium Save releases, as our Official guidelines about using Helium.

Raxx

Veteran Lv7️⃣
eBook Releaser
Member for 8 years
Wow, I didn't know you could use Helium without root! Nice tut. :p

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Re: Tutorial How use use Helium Backup NO ROOT

When I realized you could use Helium without root. I found it amazing, because I was so used to Titanium Backup being Root only and Non root users could never use any of the save files. But now that we know about this it can change a lot for non rooted users.

altaego

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 7 years
Hi Axiom, I have installed both my phone and pc with helium app, downloaded universal abd driver and also set my phone to transfer data using PTP. But the app does not connect to each other on the phone and pc. It is stuck at the "need to enable PTP" even though it has already at that setting. I am using Xiaomi Mi Max (android 6.0.1). I read in several reviews on the app on playstore that it does not work at all? Do you have any solution? Thanks in advance. =)

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Helium works great. I have it on my LG G2 Rooted running Android 4.4.4, my LG GPad 10.1 Rooted running Android 5.0.2 & My LG G5 not rooted running Android 6.0.1 and it works on all 3. I'll see what I can find on your device and see if I can figure out any solutions for you.

*Edit*
I've looked at a few things and Helium does work on Android 6.x.x and on your device. The only thing I could find at the moment is try switching from "PTP" to "MTP" that's what all my devices are on.

Let me know what happens and I'll keep looking too.

altaego

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 7 years
Axiom said:
Helium works great. I have it on my LG G2 Rooted running Android 4.4.4, my LG GPad 10.1 Rooted running Android 5.0.2 & My LG G5 not rooted running Android 6.0.1 and it works on all 3. I'll see what I can find on your device and see if I can figure out any solutions for you.

*Edit*
I've looked at a few things and Helium does work on Android 6.x.x and on your device. The only thing I could find at the moment is try switching from "PTP" to "MTP" that's what all my devices are on.

Let me know what happens and I'll keep looking too.
Hi Axiom. Thanks for the advise. However, I did try with "MTP" mode and rotate the modes, but still faced with the same problem.

WIDOWMAKER907AK

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 7 years
I didn't know you could use helium without root either. Thanks! :dance:

Aneleth

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi @Axiom !
I know this post it's a bit old, but I have a few questions:
Does this method still works for android 7?
And when you say plugging to the PC will be necessary every time I shut down my phone, it means always, or only if I want to run Helium or acces the saved folder? I need to know since I use the phone to work and not being able to use it if I switch batteries on the street could pretty much fork my life xD
Thanks!!

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
It does work on 7. I'm using it on Android 7 myself. Your phone will work weather or not you active Helium, but if you shut your phone down, restart it or pull the battery, if you want to use Helium again, you will need to plug it into your PC again,{meaning, making a save or restoring one} all other phone functions will work fine.

Aneleth

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Great! Thank you very much!!

Bajai28

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Please sir can u make other way, because i dont have pc so can use helium save can u make just apk and obb with mod?
Thanks

Shinkurou

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have an error while load the saved data of helium,can you guys help me?
Its always fail to load the data 😢

Khuhuiajdoan

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
I couldn't use helium at all. The helium doesn't support android Oreo and my devices couldnt downgrade to nougat or marshmallow

Nch93

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I think it is not working on Android 8.1, nothing happen when connect.