Where to discuss about writing books?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,759 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bnthomason

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
I actually don't want to talk about my story at a website that deals with writing stories, such as writers.com, because for places like that... all they really care about is money, and people there want to steal your idea and use it for themselves. I believe that you have a better chance of getting your idea stolen on a website like writers.com than here.

In addition, on writers.com specifically, you can only write a short prose, and no more. You cannot actually write an entire book there without getting a premium membership. I checked the website about 5 times in the past years, and no change was made to lift this restriction. I'm not a great writer, but I do have amazing plot development skills by viewing the big picture of how a story begins, develops, reaches a climax, and concludes. I already have 6 books in a series already lined out on how the plot should go, as well as a back of the book hooker. But since I don't know how to write the small details of a book, novel, or prose, I believe that I will get nowhere in writers.com, as people really only donate, or even read, a good, catchy, written prose, or something more along the lines of reader's marketing (writing what readers want to hear). I like to write what I believe and feel, what readers really don't care to read or hear. So, no one's going to read my proses on writing.com, since its not what they want to hear. I don't write to appease them. I write to appease myself. It's sad, because people only enjoy a good story when it pertains to them, and dont give new ideas a chance.

So, basically, I need help with finding a decent book that will help me gather my plot ideas into smaller, in-depth descriptions and eye-candy one-liner dialogue that will surely catch the reader's attention throughout the story.

Thanks.

P.S. I've read a few of the books out there that are about writing, but they usually don't pertain to me as they don't touch on the abilities and learning path that I have. (FYI, my learning path is slow and repetitive.)

Zioyman

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
I have big interest in reading books in particular I have started reading books since the age of 10 from love stories to crime and science fiction or lore books I would love participating in such conversation / discussion :D

Zioyman

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
To be honest was working night shift on a cafe bar this whole season and didn't have time to do anything working 5pm-5am and so on finished last week so I am trying to catch up just will send you some of my interests via pm after work I am about to leave now

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
We actually have a new Brainstorming Section under our Writer's Notebook area. Here people are able to post their ideas for stories or game plots and get the thoughts and inputs of others :D

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Status
Not open for further replies.