Need Help On How To Update Modded Apk Game

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,887 happy users since 2014.
Register

Island Breeze

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
Hello,

I am still learning a little on how to use game mods and I was wondering if anyone could help me with information on how I go about updating an old game mod to the latest version.
For Example:
If I've installed and played Britney Spears American Dream Mod Apk v 1.1.0, but now an update is needed, then how do I go about updating the game to the latest version of Britney Spears American Dream Mod Apk v 1.2.0?
And in addition, just knowing how to update ANY game Mod in general without having to lose progress, coins, gems e.t.c. would be helpful.

Thanks Every and anyone for the information and help! (y)

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Ok, I'll try to make this as easy as possible. I'm assuming you downloaded the modded apk and you didn't make it.
First, since you want to keep your progress, there are a few ways. First, if your rooted, you can use Titanium Backup, If your not you can use Helium Backup.
Now some games will use Google Sign-in or Facebook to save progress, but some don't, so you can use one of those two programs above.

ROOT METHOD
***Quick Titanium Backup Use***
1. Download & Install Titanium Backup from the Playstore
2. Run it and Grant it Root Permissions
3. Select the game you wish to backup and save progress
4. Tap backup, now fully exit Titanium Backup
5. Now you can uninstall the outdated mod and install the new one
6. Relaunch TB and select the game again and hit Restore and restore data only, not app+ data.
7. Run game & Enjoy

NON ROOTED METHOD
***Helium Backup***
1. Download Helium Backup from the playstore
2. This works for root users, so if your rooted just grant permissions after your first launch, if not it will ask you to hook up your device to your computer.
3. from here you can follow my NO Root Helium install method - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1619&hilit=helium+backup
4. After you have Helium installed and setup, locate the game you wish to backup and tap it, select where you wan to save it. I always select "Internal Storage"
5. Let Helium do it's thing, when it's done uninstall your game, close helium fully.
6. Install the new mod, open Helium and restore the games data
7. Run & Enjoy.

If you need any help, let me know.

Greg

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 6 years
Wow,thanks axiom. You're awesome. Now I can update it without need to be haunted how to crack it back :D<3

abby4

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hey thats a good Tip. Thanks Axiom...

leostellations

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you, this is exactly what i was searching for :)

EmeraldEyes

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi I am so confused. How do i update a mod? Im not worried about saving my progress cause there's no progress to save lol. Is there a way i can update a mod(i didnt make it) without pc? Can i use Lucky Patcher ?

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
@EmeraldEyes
If you downloaded the mod from here, you can just wait for the update from the modder and it will install right over the mod you have.
If you downloaded it from somewhere else, you would need to download the update from the modder you made it.

If it is just a IAP patch made by Lucky Patcher to bypass the InAppPurchases then and you're not worried about losing any save progress, you can uninstall the old mod, install the new clean version from the playstore and use Lucky Patcher to create a new modified APK with an IAP Patch.

Then you would uninstall the playstore version and install the modified version you just made.

If you need anymore help just let me know.

EmeraldEyes

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks Axiom. I appreciate you taking the time to answer me i hope you jabe a great day😊

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
@EmeraldEyes
If you downloaded the mod from here, you can just wait for the update from the modder and it will install right over the mod you have.
If you downloaded it from somewhere else, you would need to download the update from the modder you made it.

If it is just a IAP patch made by Lucky Patcher to bypass the InAppPurchases then and you're not worried about losing any save progress, you can uninstall the old mod, install the new clean version from the playstore and use Lucky Patcher to create a new modified APK with an IAP Patch.

Then you would uninstall the playstore version and install the modified version you just made.

If you need anymore help just let me know.
But can it possible to save progress on those apps who have IAP patch by LP ?

Axiom

From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
But can it possible to save progress on those apps who have IAP patch by LP ?
Yes. It would work like this...

If you have a non rooted device and have an app patched with LP to bypass IAP and want to update the game without losing save progress, you have to do it like this..

1. DO NOT uninstall it from your device, as you know uninstalling it will delete you save data.
2. Ask a friend or get a second device and download the app you want to update and patch it will LP.
3. Download it or have your friend send it via Bluetooth and place it on your device
4. Install it. Since your current version is patched via LP, this updated version patched with LP will install right over it.

You now have the updated version patched with LP and you've kept your save data.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Yes. It would work like this...

If you have a non rooted device and have an app patched with LP to bypass IAP and want to update the game without losing save progress, you have to do it like this..

1. DO NOT uninstall it from your device, as you know uninstalling it will delete you save data.
2. Ask a friend or get a second device and download the app you want to update and patch it will LP.
3. Download it or have your friend send it via Bluetooth and place it on your device
4. Install it. Since your current version is patched via LP, this updated version patched with LP will install right over it.

You now have the updated version patched with LP and you've kept your save data.
Thanks

jaysdev

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi,
So after doing the Helium backup, I will need to install the new modded apk or I can install directly from play store too?

merkwuerden

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
A Helium backup of a modded game is almost always useless for restoring your data for the official game downloaded from the play store, it simply will not work. Maybe the game starts, but your progress is lost.

jaysdev

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Okay. So I LL have to wait for the updated modded apk then?

cutepolarbear

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 5 years
hi. obviously newbie here (question).
why is it that often times I cannot update a certain game from a mod from another site? (or vice versa)

Brett Bents

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
How do I know when the updated mod is avalible? And where do I find it? I did everything right and was so excited.... Then that block that said that there is am update valuable showed up.. NO WAY AROUND IT.. IT WOULDNT LET ME IN MT GAME....

merkwuerden

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Because the mods are simply different @cutepolarbear?
?

Post automatically merged:

How do I know when the updated mod is avalible? And where do I find it? I did everything right and was so excited.... Then that block that said that there is am update valuable showed up.. NO WAY AROUND IT.. IT WOULDNT LET ME IN MT GAME....
Download the update from where you have the mod. If the mod is from this forum, then you will finde an update if available. If you have the mod from somewhere else, good luck with searching.

Kitty34

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
So just to make sure I am clear, I can log into my Google Account to save progress without my account getting flagged or anything like that?