Doom 3 BFG Edition .obb file too big to dl in one go

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,053 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years
I've raised this issue in the comments section of the game's page @sbenny.com but maybe its more formal to make a thread here in our forums so everybody will be informed of what i am talking about ^_^

Here's a brief introduction of the issue at hand. Doom 3 BFG Edition has a .obb file of approx. 4GB and it is stored in userscloud.com. And when you download files @userscloud.com, you will be forced to use your browser's downloader whether you like it or not. I've been trying to download the .obb of v1.9 since its the latest... But i haven't tried the .obb file in .torrent file of v1.0 since its an outdated version.

So here's the problem... I've been trying to download this game's v1.9 .obb file multiple times now without any success since everytime i do, the download fails... Lastest try was @422MB for about 1hr and after that, it failed to download... I tried to retry it but it failed also. So now that attempt has been for naught again lol...

I have suggested that maybe the huge file can be posted as parts of maybe 100mb each or 500mb each... its up to you guys... but i think its better if its in parts rather than in a huge single file, right? OR maybe make the .obb file of v1.9 as a torrent file also so there's a 100% chance that it can be resumed if ever something disastrous happens like a power flactuation wherein your computer suddenly shuts down or in my case, a internet connection timeout where the download just stops and fails :'(

hope to hear from you guys soon :D <3 :dance:

Korneguus

In Love Lv4️⃣
VIP Member
Active User
Member for 8 years
Re: Idea: Doom 3 BFG Edition .obb file too big to dl in one

when you dowload it with your device and not with your computer, you can install the ES Data Manager.
This app will take place as the Download Manager. So its no problem how big the file is ;)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

The reason I didn't change the link yet is it's not working on my side since it does require for a license so, until I fix this problem, I think it's useless to fix the link changing it to sbupload.

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years

Korneguus said:
when you dowload it with your device and not with your computer, you can install the ES Data Manager.
This app will take place as the Download Manager. So its no problem how big the file is ;)
i'll try this suggestion :D :dance: (y) tnx a lot

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Status
Not open for further replies.