The Walking Dead:Season One-language from Russian to English

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,728 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years
how do i really change the language to English? i have done installations in many ways like:
1. first installation was to check if it really is in Russian and it is confirmed... so i uninstalled it.
2. i downloaded the game via google play to get its .obb (the main (main.10430.com) and the patch (patch.11430))... i copied the "google play .obb files" in my laptop... then i uninstalled it again.
3. i installed it again using .apk for PowerVR (GPU of my Sony Xperia C) from this website using "google play .obb files" but failed to open (its something like file validation failed)... so i uninstalled it again.
4. I installed it again using.apk for PowerVR from this website using .obb files from this website. We all know that it will be in Russian. So after installing the game, i erased the .obb files from this website and replaced it with .obb files from google play. The game force closed.
5. I installed it again using .apk and .obb files from this website then after installing, I replaced "ONLY" the main .obb from this website to main .obb file from google play. It failed to open.
6. Used .apk and .obb files from this website, then replacing "ONLY" the patch .obb from this website to patch .obb from google play. It failed to open.
7. At this moment, I am starting to lose hope. So i hope you can help me with the specific steps on how to really use the google play .obb files properly to change the language to English. Thank you.

UPDATE:
8. I tried to reverse the steps of installing it. I tried to install the game from google play then i opened my file manager and renamed its .obb folder filename to anything (so the files will not be erased if i uninstall it). Then I uninstalled it (the google play .obb files are still there (the main and the patch)). Then i used the .apk from this website and used it to install the game back. Then i renamed the .obb folder to its original filename. Guess what... It failed again LOL... It Says "File Telltale Validation Failed"... pls help thanks ^_^

Raxx

Veteran Lv7️⃣
eBook Releaser
Member for 8 years
Re: The Walking Dead:Season One-language from Russian to Eng

fredrice said:
how do i really change the language to English? i have done installations in many ways like:
1. first installation was to check if it really is in Russian and it is confirmed... so i uninstalled it.
2. i downloaded the game via google play to get its .obb (the main (main.10430.com) and the patch (patch.11430))... i copied the "google play .obb files" in my laptop... then i uninstalled it again.
3. i installed it again using .apk for PowerVR (GPU of my Sony Xperia C) from this website using "google play .obb files" but failed to open (its something like file validation failed)... so i uninstalled it again.
4. I installed it again using.apk for PowerVR from this website using .obb files from this website. We all know that it will be in Russian. So after installing the game, i erased the .obb files from this website and replaced it with .obb files from google play. The game force closed.
5. I installed it again using .apk and .obb files from this website then after installing, I replaced "ONLY" the main .obb from this website to main .obb file from google play. It failed to open.
6. Used .apk and .obb files from this website, then replacing "ONLY" the patch .obb from this website to patch .obb from google play. It failed to open.
7. At this moment, I am starting to lose hope. So i hope you can help me with the specific steps on how to really use the google play .obb files properly to change the language to English. Thank you.

UPDATE:
8. I tried to reverse the steps of installing it. I tried to install the game from google play then i opened my file manager and renamed its .obb folder filename to anything (so the files will not be erased if i uninstall it). Then I uninstalled it (the google play .obb files are still there (the main and the patch)). Then i used the .apk from this website and used it to install the game back. Then i renamed the .obb folder to its original filename. Guess what... It failed again LOL... It Says "File Telltale Validation Failed"... pls help thanks ^_^
Instead of copying over the obb files, copy over the entire folder (com.telltalegames.walkingdead100)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Re: Help: The Walking Dead:Season One-language from Russian

Hello fredrice, I also read your comment at Sbenny.com. thanks for making Topic here.
About the file verification issue, are you sure both versions (play store and the one at our website) are the same?

If one is newer/older, there are good chances it's the reason of your files verification error.

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years

Raxx said:
fredrice said:

UPDATE:
Instead of copying over the obb files, copy over the entire folder (com.telltalegames.walkingdead100)

Oh nice... I haven't tried that ^_^ tnx

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years

Sbenny said:
Hello fredrice, I also read your comment at Sbenny.com. thanks for making Topic here.
About the file verification issue, are you sure both versions (play store and the one at our website) are the same?

If one is newer/older, there are good chances it's the reason of your files verification error.

Yup it has the same version (v1.16) ^_^

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Here's what I found on the net:

Download and install walking dead game from play store;
Go to obb folder open the game folder (com.telltalegames.walkingdead100) and take note of the patch name(e.g. 1415) and then, delete patch file;
Download the game cache file from this website and paste ONLY THE patch file inside the folder "com.telltalegames.walkingdead100";
Now rename the patch file just copied, and rename it with the patch name of the play store version (as e.g. 1415).
Now the game should run in english

Hope it helps

fredrice

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 8 years

well... tried both ideas and it did made the language English "but" the "all episodes unlocked" mod have been been disabled... i'm playing through episode 1 first then back to the russian version again so i can at least enjoy the awesome voiceovers ^_^ thanks for the help guys...

we'll find other ways to make this game an english unlocked version somehow... xiao

DarkEnigma

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
Not sure if people are still looking for this answer. But here goes.

Download Apk Editor from the play store
Open app and select open app from app.
Find TWD, select it and then select full edit.
Click on files, then the up arrow then assets.
Select all the files and delete them.
Click build then install the new apk.
Takes about 5 - 10 minutes

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Status
Not open for further replies.