Forum Profile Walls (beta)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,751 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello guys,

I'm proud to introduce a new feature at the forum: Profile Walls Comment System (beta)!

What is this?
This new feature introduces the possibility for users to leave a comment on other users' profiles!

How does it work?
The usage is quite simple. Just visit someone's profile (by clicking on its username, for example) and you'll find a similar scenario:

It will then be enough to select the "Leave a comment" button, and a window will *magically* (LOL) appear:

You'll then be able to write something and, after pressing "Submit", your comment will be automatically published on the users' profile! BBCodes and Smileys are supported as well! Also, the user will receive a notification about your comment.
This also changed slightly the way you receive new PMs on the forum since you may have noticed that the message is now different: it'll now display: #num# of new Private Messages, #num# of unread Private Messages and the *new* #num# of new comments on the profile.

You'll also have another *quick* way to post on someone's profile, because I noticed it could he hard or time-consuming to reach someone's profile to leave a comment on it, so you'll also be able to leave a comment while browsing any topics in which that user made at least one post. Here's how:

Is this customizable?

YES, a lot.

First of all, if you don't like this feature you can decide to disable the comment system on your profile (default: ENABLED). Also, you can decide to NOT getting notified if a new comment is made on your profile (default: YES). Also, you can decide to allow only users in your friends list to post a comment on your profile, or even to view the entire comments section of your profile(default: ALL USERS). Also, you'll ALWAYS have the possibility to delete comments on your profile, at ANY time. Customize your settings at your Board's Preferences here if you wish: ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=personal

If someone is being unrespectful, don't hesitate to contact ME or any staff members. We're here to help you!

That's all guys. Hope you like this new addition. Please note I wrote (beta) because not all the features have been yet fully tested and there could still be some issues with this new addition. It took me some days to figure things out, but the best way to see if something works is to actually USE it, so no better ways for me to ensure it does properly work than letting you guys use it.

Enjoy :dinodance:

comek

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
nice. great job bro. (y)