Integrated Mention System (finally)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,944 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello guys, I'm pretty sure nobody noticed this yet since it's a very very new feature!

From now on, each time someone is getting mentioned this way:

@Axiom

@''( ( dub ) )'' (if the user has got a space in his username, put a quotation mark before and after his username)

@ImanHackeR

@s810car

@Mike

@Sbenny

@Battlecub

@Zioyman

the mentioned user will receive a new PM, letting him/her know about the mention! The PM will include a link to the TOPIC and a link to the POST he was mentioned in!

You can customize this setting, eventually disabling this feature if you don't like it by accessing your Control Panel -> Board Preferences.

Enjoy guys!

Any questions or feedbacks are greatly appreciated!

( ( dub ) )

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
Well done, Sbenny. Great addition! (y)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Thank you @( ( dub ) )

I forgot to say, if you have to mention ( ( dub ) ) or other users with special characters and/or spacers (very rare occurrency), you have to mention him/her this way:

Code:
@''( ( dub ) )''
When submitting your post, the quotation marks will be removed (security purposes), but the user will correctly receive the notification!

Zioyman

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Richest VIPs
Member for 7 years
Oh wow big update will help with the mods if something doesn't work so the hacker gets notified instantly awesome work :)

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
Awesome, Finally its here :D

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
Thank you @( ( dub ) )

I forgot to say, if you have to mention ( ( dub ) ) or other users with special characters and/or spacers (very rare occurrency), you have to mention him/her this way:

Code:
@''( ( dub ) )''
When submitting your post, the quotation marks will be removed (security purposes), but the user will correctly receive the notification!
hey love the idea, while it doesn't address my pet peeve (all those dam ty posts to muddle through) it at least addresses the biggest problem of those posts, them affecting the ability of the modder to properly maintain their hack.
thanks for removing the main justification of my complaint, now I'll just sound like im whining instead :D

btw one concern though, the post ^ said the needed setup to pm special characters, given your solution im just clarifying you have all sanitary checks in place, im sure you thought of that but wanted to check just in the slim chance you didn't

s810car

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
oh on sanitary checks too might make it easier for spaces to do a regex check and replace with unicode \u0020 (at least to reduce member screw ups) , just saying