Are Android-related websites really "fair" with you?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,950 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello guys,

I wanted to share with you some of my chats with some new Ad networks.

These particular ad networks have got a script to automatically put advertisements inside the apps you install. This means, for android-related website owners that they could make some extra money by using these ad services, and you would get lots of annoying ads while playing in exchange. Here's some examples of unwanted ads:

I've been contacted many times by those ad providers because they wanted at all costs to put advertisements on my .apk games and apps, and I always refused of course because my aim is to HELP users and to ensure they do ENJOY playing. I don't want to ruin you game experience with lots of advertisements just to make some extra money. This is NOT my goal here.

So, I've been contacted by Kile K. from ******** (I will not mention the name of the website for privacy purposes) with this message (I censored some text):

And here's my response:

Then, since he/she noticed I wasn't about to join this service, they still tried asking me and I always refused, until, 2 days ago, they tried their last way to convince me, and this was really bad to read for me:

Yes, you read it right: modsapk, droidopedia, apkreal, android-apk, etc. and note there's a "etc." too, meaning we can't know exactly how many sites do this, but we know for sure these are not the only ones doing it.

Now, leaving the fact that a professional company shouldn't have mentioned the name of their costumers just to try to convince me, I'm really upset to see lots of website owners do this just for money.

What they do is just to go to some trusted sources (such as this website), copy our work, paste it on their website (sometimes claiming that they're the original authors) and put these malicious ads on it, just to make some money, taking advantage of all the Android players. Of course they will NEVER let you know that they do this, otherwise they could lose all the users browsing these sites, so be careful when you download a game from external sources, there are many chances that they are using external ad services to put ads in the Android game you're playing right now!

About me, I stopped replying to that mail since they didn't want to accept the fact I would have never put ads on my apps.

Well guys, this is my point of view. No need to say I will NEVER do this, because I care of you all, and I have passion in what I do. I invite website owners reading this message to think about WHAT they're doing to their users, to gain just a few more bucks at the end of the day.

Feel free to share your thinking about it.

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Wow. that guy is really pushy. An I'm pretty sure that what thy are doing is pretty much illegal. You may be the one hacking or modding the apk, but if you are not the owner/publisher of the apk, monetizing it would be illegal. Kinda like making a video with copyrighted music and putting ads on it or drinking a can of coke or pepsi and claiming how good it is and making money of that video. I think coke and pepsi would sue you out the wazoo.

So I can only assume putting ads in an apk/game/app that you didn't publish/make would be illegal and they would sue you or at the very least issue a take down notice as most "free" games that we mod have ads already to make that publisher money, so if we mod the apk and put our own ads in to make money and even though we modded the apk, we didn't make the game or app so that seems a lot like stealing to me.

I'm all for making money, but not by stealing or monetizing someone else's work. What we do "modding games" borderlines "pirating/stealing" as we make IAP useless, which some would say is stealing moeny from the developer. But that's where things get fuzzy, because many believe that IAP is stealing in a way too. As you are paying WAAAAAAAY to much real money for fake money. Seriously! If you wanna spend real money on fake money, I will sell you my Monopoly Money, $10USD gets you 1 Monopoly Dollar. Any Takers???? No? I didn't think so. Lol.

Anyway. I'm on your side boss and I'm glad you are staying away from this form of money making. It would be better if you made premium a monthly fee, even if it was like $5 bucks a month. You make so many awesome mods and update constantly, it would make you more money in the long run. I know most people wouldn't like it, but the way things are now is like making a one time payment to a car mechanic and they fix your car for the next 10 years for free.

You are definitely fair in all aspects of the word. You provide such a great service and ask for very little in return. You could easily do what I mentioned above, but you know many people on this site who are premium may be unable to make even that kind of payment every month due to uncertain job situations or they used prepaid card to get it as they might be under 18 and not have a regular base of income.

Thanks again for such a great site :cool:

Tako Mayo

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
You are a hero, man. I just cant thank you enough.

I've been on sites like apklover, onhax, and ihackedit. But the on click ads are so frustrating.

This forum is the best android website for me and I'm glad I found it. Keep up the good work, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
I've been with sbenny like 2 years now, he has done many wonderful things to do this community and never misses a opportunity to provide great things to users, as a co-admin i'm very proud to be with him, he is a great friend, he is been a mentor,a guide for me he is like my big bro lol. TBH He is still has no profits as only me and him knows the expenditure of this website and he spends a little more to make this site more powerful. I'm Proud of you Sbenny!!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Here's an update from the same company (and I stopped replying a week ago, but they still don't surrender):

In the mentioned websites, I see "apkhouse" which is another popular website who steals games and apps from other sources. Just to let you all know about it.

D34DH4CK3R

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 7 years
thanks For Not Putting Ads On The Games Bro!! ;) I really appreciate that though thanks! (y)

Keirnan

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have actually noticed other sites doing this but never saw any delay, I don't know if they used to have a delay and got rid of it, or if theres never been a 24 hour delay. I'm willing to bet he still hasn't given up trying to get you to do it. Thanks sbenny for not being a sellout like most greedy site owners.