Pokémon Go Bot Programs Shutdown As Some Face Permanent Ban!

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,740 happy users since 2014.
Register

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years

Pokémon Go players who use bot programs or GPS location spoofs may now find their accounts terminated, the mobile game’s FAQ page now states. In light of community reports that Niantic is sending out bans tho those who violate the game’s terms of service, widely used bots like NecroBot are now closing shop before the Pokémon Go developer can force them to.

Necronomicon, whose NecroBot tool uses the game’s location data to allow players to accomplish goals without playing outdoors as intended, confirmed to Polygon that he removed the the program’s download files in response to the bans.

"Due to legal action being started against other bot creators/devs (we did not receive a letter yet) the Project development will be stopped," he wrote on the NecroBot GitHub page. Other, similar bots have begun to do the same, Necronomicon told us, like HaxtonBot and PokeMobBot, which cites a takedown notice for its closure. We’ve reached out to Niantic to see whether or not the company is sending out cease and desist notices to these and more sites.

The end of bot programs could alleviate some players’ concerns, especially ones who considered the use of tools that allowed players to hit the level cap at unbelievable speed to be ruining Pokémon Go for everyone else. Those who have already downloaded NecroBot and other programs and used them on their accounts may have already received ban notices. Appeals can be filed through a form on Niantic’s website if these terminations were issued "incorrectly," according to an FAQ post.

"Your account was permanently terminated for violations of the Pokémon GO terms of service," Niantic wrote. "This includes, but is not limited to: falsifying your location, using emulators, modified or unofficial software and/or accessing Pokémon GO clients or backends in an unauthorized manner including through the use of third party software."

Previously, players caught cheating were issued "soft bans;" they could keep playing the game, except they couldn't catch any Pokémon or fight any gym battles. These have been in effect since Pokémon Go launched, but players on popular forums are now confirming that their bans have become permanent after using unofficial software.

GPS spoofing tools are already barred from use on Twitch, where players often streamed Pokémon Go from the comfort of their own homes instead of walking around outside. That’s no longer allowed, as the streaming platform announced earlier this week; it’s against both the game and the website’s terms of service to use programs not sanctioned by the developer.

So all in all guys this is up to you if you wish to look for another bot and continue spoofing, but if you get a PermBan, son't go crying that it's unfair or you only cheated because the game is a glorified ball throwing game and is only fun with all the cheats out there. Your opinion is yours and you are free to voice it, but these are the risks we take in doing what we do.

Please feel free to leave any comments or questions you have. I will do my best to answer them.

Kirachan

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
Re: Pokémon Go Bot Programs Shutdown As Some Face Permanent

I only cheated because the game really is a ball throwing grinder :D

Honestly though, I'm rural so I couldn't actually play the game without cheating or paying lots of money.
The bots were so fascinating, I loved learning about them, it's crazy what people can do.

I wish more people took the last point seriously..I see so many posts asking "Is this safe?! Will I get banned?!"
I remember back when I would hack and bot MMOs they would always say "If you have to ask, then don't do it". We do it knowing that there is a chance we will get hit and we are willing to take the risk for whatever our reasons.

I don't think all cheaters are bad or mean harm. Sucks some have to ruin it for others by griefing or bragging.

Quick edit*
This is the first time I've ever been caught and banned. It just says trying to get data, so I'm not sure yet, but many say that means it's a permban. There was also somewhere else that said it just means they're reviewing your account. I'm curious so I'll leave the app installed and see what it says.

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
Re: Pokémon Go Bot Programs Shutdown As Some Face Permanent

I botted and spoofed locations, only ever had a few soft bans, but I mainly did it because I work full time and have bills, I don't have the time and money required to be a paid player in online games. So to make things fair, I bot or spoof just enough to keep up an average to just above average player.
I'm not against cheating or anything, but I don't think you should cheat to be number 1, just enough to have fun.

I hope things work out for you and your account doesn't get a PermBan.