Optimizing Games Area and/or Forum?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,775 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hello dear community,

This time it's me, Sbenny who asks for Suggestions :p

I'm aware there's always something to do, something to improve & something to change so I'd like your opinion about our Games/Apps Area ( http://sbenny.com ) and our beloved forum ( http://sbenny.com/forums/ )

I tried optimizing it as much as I can for Mobile devices too but, of course, there are lots of screen sizes and some of you may find it to be uncomfortable to use so I need your help :)

You can write below any feedbacks about it including:

1) Visual Bugs
Such as: "The search box is not completely visible", "Related Games are not displayed correctly", "the facebook button doesn't.." and so on..

2) Restyling
Such as: "I would like the menu to be of this colour because I think.." or "I don't like the background, I'd rather prefer..." or "I'd like the Download button to be...." etc..

3) Optimizing
For example: "The website is slow on my mobile because I think..." or "There are too many images and it lags" and so on..

4) New Features
For example: "I'd like the X feature to be added because this way...." and so on..

and everything else you have in mind about this website :)

I promise I'll try to satisfy every request and, giving priority to posts with higher number of "Thank You" so, if you like the idea of someone which is already below this topic, just hit the "Thank You" button to give it the priority!

ModdingStudent

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
Hi my suggestion is to put all the sections of this form in one box like VIP and Game request etc..... it will be easy to find and faster for the other users ^_^ <3 if you did that you can put the sign of the box at the top of the form here :

(y)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Re: Idea: Optimizing Games Area and/or Forum?

You mean to add a Menu next to "FAQ" and when you click on it a submenu appears with all the sections of our forum?

PS: we do have 4 styles on our board, you're currently using the Mobile Theme and if you want to change it, at the bottom of the forum you will find the Style Chooser :)
Actually, the most "complete" is the "Main Theme". ( just in case you didn't know it :D )

ModdingStudent

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
i know that and i chose the mobile theme because i liked it it's easy to use :p everyone has his own taste <3

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Yeah sure :) I was unsure that's why I added that detail :) Anyway did you mean what I wrote in my post or you need something else about the optimization you suggested?

Thanks

ModdingStudent

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 8 years
No that's it >>> there was an error in the search function in the games area but it was fixed (y)

i hope that the others share what they have in there mind too :arrow:

Blah97

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 8 years
I found the search engine to be a bit weak. Like there was a game hideandseek2 when I searched for hide and seek 2 it returned no result. Also adding tags feature would be great. Like some games might have multiple genres. For example hideandseek2 is horror mystery adventure puzzle rpg

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

We do already have a Tagging system in our Games Area and every game has got tags (hidden tags, used to show you related games. Main problem to give so much tags is that you would find so many tab based similar games.. that's the reason I'm used to add only 1 or 2 tags in every game) and I didn't understand the part of the weak search, could you tell us more in detail?

Blah97

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 8 years

Oh by that I meant about tagging only. Ya the hide and seek was a mistake on my part. Sorry. But if u add only 1 or two tags you'll miss out on others? For example final fantasy is rpg adventure fantasy . How will you decide on which two to add?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

I usually add RPG and Fantasy only.. the problem, as I said before, is that using too many tags, will create confusion because there will be so many "similar" games which are not so similar afterall. But I know it's a good point and it does require time to think about. Thank you for your suggestion!

AndnixSH

Savage Lv6️⃣
SB Mod Squad ⭐
Member for 8 years

this forum is ok, but the design isn't good.

P3triiX

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Member for 8 years

any ideas are welcome :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

iAndroHacker said:
this forum is ok, but the design isn't good.

Which theme are you talking about? We have got 4 different themes, if you could be more precise I'd be glad to help.

Korneguus

In Love Lv4️⃣
VIP Member
Active User
Member for 8 years

i have a suggestion for sbenny.com

It would be nice to filter the games. So you can sort them by clicks, population, downloads etc.
Or perhaps a top 10 favorite games, something like this :D

An other thing i saw here in the forum is that the experience bar overlaps with the avatar of the next who replied. I'm not sure if anybody already mentioned this

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Could you make a screenshot? Maybe it's for a particular screen size :)

Thank you for your suggestions!

Korneguus

In Love Lv4️⃣
VIP Member
Active User
Member for 8 years

seems that somebody already did the change in the forum (y)

son no screenshot needed anymore :D

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Hehehe ;)

I was testing it on Chrome, that's the reason I didn't notice that bug :)

Preshman

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 7 years
Please add Big Win Basketball + Mod pls Sir Sbenny (y)

Grimmarag

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 7 years
I'm not sure what's causing it, but seems in this forum my browser became slower (noticeable when scrolling).
I was suspecting the diagonal scrolling of the header (the game icons).

Also for simplicity and elegant look, how about make the forum 100% flat type..?
Change the diagonal moving header with fixed 5x23 icons and grey background.
Change the bar with the word "Idea"/"Request" etc with one-color (no gradient effect) for the bar, make it rectangular with sharp edges and no black outline, and simpler font (montserrat, quicksand, sofia pro) for the word.
Change the pattern on the forum background to one color, grey as default.
Make it so that each users can change color scheme for the forum from their profile, which would change every colored bar (not the black ones) into the chosen color.
Maybe lesser bold font for the post number.
Maybe abit smaller size font for thread title in every posts.
Less flashing icons (hopefully there's no flashing medals near username in the future). It's abit dizzying seeing the flashing usernames in different colors.
Remove border on icons/images/bars (avatar, thread icons,...)

I think for now that's all that come up in my head..

Also I can't seem to find the button to change forum theme style... Sbenny said on the bottom of the forum there's a "Style Chooser" but can't find it.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I'm not sure what's causing it, but seems in this forum my browser became slower (noticeable when scrolling).
I was suspecting the diagonal scrolling of the header (the game icons).

Also for simplicity and elegant look, how about make the forum 100% flat type..?
Change the diagonal moving header with fixed 5x23 icons and grey background.
Change the bar with the word "Idea"/"Request" etc with one-color (no gradient effect) for the bar, make it rectangular with sharp edges and no black outline, and simpler font (montserrat, quicksand, sofia pro) for the word.
Change the pattern on the forum background to one color, grey as default.
Make it so that each users can change color scheme for the forum from their profile, which would change every colored bar (not the black ones) into the chosen color.
Maybe lesser bold font for the post number.
Maybe abit smaller size font for thread title in every posts.
Less flashing icons (hopefully there's no flashing medals near username in the future). It's abit dizzying seeing the flashing usernames in different colors.
Remove border on icons/images/bars (avatar, thread icons,...)

I think for now that's all that come up in my head..

Also I can't seem to find the button to change forum theme style... Sbenny said on the bottom of the forum there's a "Style Chooser" but can't find it.
The style chooser was from an older version of the forum. About your suggestions I'll see what I can and what I can't do (not because I'm not able, but because they could not be accepted by everyone.. for example you may not like the flashing usernames, but 90% of users here love them, including the animation at the top).

Thanks for sharing your ideas with us!