Can we have our own game server?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,228 happy users since 2014.
Register

basicchipmunk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
Hi really not sure if this is possible but can games be hacked so that they store info on say a sbenny server rather than on the game designers/owners?

Example I been banned on pot farm grass roots is there a way to make this game connect to a private server instead...??

Thanks
:? :? :? :? :?

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
It is possible. People have done it for Clash of Clans. There is a private server where everyone has unlimited Gold, Gems & Resources. But those people who created the private server are dedicated to it. To do one for each game that is server based would take a lot or work. I'm not sure if anyone could make a single server that could connect every online game to it. I'm pretty sure each game would have to have it's own dedicated server or it would overload, crash and just all around not work.

So I don't think anyone, even of they could would want to make private servers for lots of online games, especially time killers like pot farm.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Possible? YES (theorically).

Requirements:

1) A dedicated server with at least 64GB of RAM (around 300 Dollars each month) for each game
2) A very good lawyer (this is a lot illegal and there's a risk to go to jail)
3) Enough players willing to pay (in total) at least 300 Dollars each month to cover expenses
4) 72 hours (or more) in order to hack the original game and configure the dedicated server
5) A skilled coder in order to be able to provide MANUAL updates of the app

So, the real answer is YES, but nobody is gonna take so much risk for nothing ;) (think about CoC servers, they last no more than 1 week because they run out of money or because they're sued). Also, what's the fun in playing a private server where EVERY player has got the exactly same advantages you have using the hack?
IMHO, a server with 100 CHEATERS and a server with 100 FAIR PLAYERS is the exactly same thing. But I'd prefer the second one, since it's more likely to be: a server with 15-20 cheaters vs a server with 500,000-1,000,000 players.

basicchipmunk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
I keep getting banned on the freemium games I wanted a way to have my own server for say just me or up 2 10 people and use my own pc as the server......

So in theory could I pay a hacker/coder to make the app just for me that saves to my own server and if this can be done who would be the best person to speak to?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It's not so easy, you need to have full source code of the game which is not easy and it's also highly illegal. Plus, you'd need enough resources on your "pc" in order to use it a server and let people join it. Are you sure you would find it "funny" to play with 5-10 players only with 9999999999 of everything each? Think about pvp battles, I think they would be really boring since you'd always fight the same players with the same base. What about events? Forget about them, or if you're skilled enough, you can make it on your own but again, where's the fun if there's no competition? :p

basicchipmunk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
What if I want it just for my self no competitions, I really want the pot farm game and munchies farm games with my own server, i don't play the online battles so in theory I could play these games offline as such. And there are also a couple of other games my son would like in the same way for example tapped out simpsons, anyone up for this challenge say start with pot farm????

Thanks
Shane :walkingdroid: :walkingdroid:

basicchipmunk

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP
Member for 7 years
I like the game play of pot farm grass roots and used to love farm villie, i dont need it to be online as such just to be hacked as it already is then just to find away to not get banned wether that be my server,offline mode, or some other way, i would really like to see this happen

Hope this makes sense thanks
Shane :walkingdroid: